Haas MBA Programs for Working Professionals
Jamie Breen, Assistant Dean, Haas MBA Programs for Working Professionals
1. Do you post average GMAT / GRE and GPA combos for admitted students?
The median GMAT score for the class of Fall 2019 was 700.
2. What is the typical number of years of experience required?
We don’t require a specific number, but our students have an average of seven years of work experience.
3. What is new/exciting happening this/next year in your Evening & Weekend program?
We are working with UC Berkeley’s School of Public Health to offer more opportunities for our part-time students. Our students are increasingly coming from the health care and biopharma industries, and we see growing interest in having access to public health electives.
4. What are options for part-time students in terms of nights, weekends, locations?
We have two options: evenings or weekends. We establish study groups and cohorts based on whether a student enrolls in the weekend or evening schedule. All classes are held on the campus.
5. How much are students able to customize their curriculum through electives, etc.?
The curriculum is anchored by 13 required core courses, completed in the first three semesters and making up slightly more than half of a typical student’s course of study. Electives make up the remainder of the program, allowing students to customize their studies early in the second year.
6. How do you structure your admissions interviews?
This year, we are implementing two short video questions in lieu of in-person interviews. Our new video interview ensures that each candidate receives a similar interview experience, which aids us in reducing unconscious bias in our admissions process. We are using the video interview to get to know applicants better outside of a written essay template.
7. What does a typical Evening & Weekend calendar look like for the length of the program?
Students attend core classes either two evenings a week (from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays) or on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. when taking elective coursework).
8. What career management services are available?
Our part-time students have access to the same career services provided to full-time students. From career coaches and peer advisors to industry experts and relationship managers, the Career Management Group supports EWMBA students with a team of 40+ experts who have the skills, experience, and connections to help students navigate their careers.
9. How many Evening & Weekend programs does the school launch per year?
One class per year. (For the Class of 2022, we enrolled 279 students.) The program begins in late July and is designed to be a three-year, six-semester (fall and spring) program.